Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reception in Pasadena

Just returned home from a quick trip to Pasadena for my reception at Galerie Gabrie. Thanks to everyone who attended! It was a lovely evening of art conversation and wine! I flew into the Burbank airport and Jasminka Gabrie picked me up and delivered me to the lovely Westin Hotel in Pasadena. After a quick, lunch I had time to visit the Pasadena Museum of California Art and take in a wonderful exhibit of Millard Sheets' work; wonderful watercolors and oils. He was circa 1920's. It was a warm sunny day in Pasadena, so I took the opportunity to wander around and reconnect with the city where I went to college,(ACCD) as seen through older eyes! I really enjoyed it!

Off to the gallery at 4:30, in time to admire the show of both my work and my husband's work. People started to trickle in soon after. Always fun to dress up and talk about the work, and meet collectors. I really enjoyed this reception! After, we headed to dinner around the corner near the Pasadena Playhouse which very sadly is dark due to the rough economy. But, dinner was lovely and so was the company! Many, many thanks to Jasminka and Jimmy for making my trip down, so pleasant and easy!!

No comments: