Monday, December 5, 2011

What Am I Not Working On???

Today I'm working with chaos. Asking myself, "What am I not working on right now?". I have several bodies of work under way that have completely different focuses and directions. I want to do it. I have to do it. I really don't have any choice in the matter as I'm driven by the work to the point where sleep is a difficult proposition. I cannot quiet my mind. But.....

YOU CAN'T BE WIMPY OUT THERE!!! So I'm not wimping out today. I want to get what I came into the studio for...no matter what!!! No matter if the microwave broke, the windows are leaking or the son is not studying for finals!! I'm not going to worry about whether my new work will sell or fit with past or future work, or what "people" will say when they see it. I'm just painting. Just painting. And it's quite delicious.




Here's a peek at some, not all the mess currently occupying the studio. You don't get to see all of it!! It's too crazy!

Miles Davis said, "When I write music, I don't ask people to tell me what they want to hear. They don't really know what moves them until it moves them." So I'm trying things unfamiliar and new to me.

4 comments:

Nancy Darling Handler said...

This looks pretty neat compared to mine! Thanks for posting.

betsy bensen said...

I can't wait to see what appears after the storm settles!

Carole Reid said...

Looking good! Keep going! Love seeing your mess but hate my own!

Debbie said...

It sounds exciting to me! Go Marla!