Thursday, August 19, 2010

Recovering From Menucha!

I spent a whole glorious week teaching plein air pastels in the Columbia Gorge of Oregon. It was pretty hot and the property was over a hundred acres. I had thirteen wonderful students to keep up with. It was so much fun. My friend Molly was also teaching there, so it was especially good to be there. During the week, I had my group really focus on the preparation and planning of their pieces. We did lots of  value  and color thumbnails. This was difficult for some at first, but before long, I had them hooked.

I very much enjoyed all my students and secretly wished for one more day since by the end, they were really turning out some wonderful stuff. When I returned home, I realized that probably wouldn't have been a great idea. I was wiped!!

Now I turn my energies to Art in the High Desert,( Bend, OR, Aug. 27-29)and Art in the Pearl,(Portland, OR, Sept.4-6). Bend is a wonderful venue for an outdoor festival and Art in the Pearl is such an appreciative crowd, so both will be fun.

No comments: